ETIBLOGG project for local
PONTON and seven partners have launched the ETIBLOGG project. ETIBLOGG stands for “Energy Trading vIa Blockchain-Technology in the LOcal Green Grid” and is supported by the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). Obviously, the acronym says all: PONTON is going to develop a trading infrastructure that is so efficient that even fractions of kilowatt hours can be traded in real-time between prosumers and consumers. Typical scenarios are local grids in the neighbourhood but also area networks like shopping centres or industrial parks.
PONTON is among the most experienced software developers who has managed to tame blockchain technology for such demanding applications as local trading of energy. The list of challenges here is long:
- How to cope with privacy legislation (such as GDPR in Europe)?
- How to cope with energy legislation (such as EnWG in Germany)?
- How to bring down transaction cost to a level that allows to efficiently trade transaction volumes at << 10 cent?
- How to bridge the gap for IoT devices which consume or generate power?
Together with experts in energy systems from GETEC Energie, hardware and embeded software designers from Mixed Mode and NXP, with economists from the University of Hamburg and the ESMT Berlin, with electrical engineers from Fraunhofer IISB and with software developers from Consider IT, PONTON will alight their expertise to allow solar panels, battery storages, households, electric vehicles, air conditions systems, heat pumps and other devices take part in energy trading.
The consortium will use PONTON’s home-grown blockchain framework “WRMHL” to tackle issues, which appeared too hard for existing blockchain technologies. It is expected that in the year 2020 the consortium will be able to showcase local trading of energy using a so called “BlockChain Device”.
More information will be soon published on a specific ETIBLOGG project website.
PONTON has been working as an IT service provider since the year 2001.
Our slogan is “We are the 2 in B2B”, which means we help our clients in standardising market processes to reduce the effort for cooperation and data exchange in their respective markets.
How to find us
Phone: +49 40 866 275 340
Fax: +49 40 866 275 355
- Our Blockchain team wins Danfoss hackathon7. February 2020 - 23:10
- PONTON E-World News31. January 2020 - 10:35
- PONTON GmbHPONTON’s blockchain solution enables trading of regional renewable energy21. January 2020 - 9:55
- PONTON is launching “Enerchain Local” at the European Utility Week8. November 2019 - 15:03